Today, Per a request on my Instagram account and on my twitter I am posting the recipe and how tos from my dinner last night, (one that everyone on IG seemed to go crazy over!!)
Cajun Shrimp Boil with Andouille Sausage and the (coordinating) Butter Sauce
Note: I used a modified version of the "Old Bay Seasoning Recipe" found here.
There are several versions of this online found here.
INGREDIENTS:
4 quarts water (16 cups)
1/2 cup OLD BAY® Seasoning
1 Tablespoon of Hot Hungarian Paprika
2 Tablespoons of Lemon Pepper seasoning
1/2 a Garlic (minced)
2 tablespoon garlic salt
2 - Loose Bay Leafs
3 tablespoon Tony Chacheres Original Creole Seasoning
2 Large Lemons (quartered)
8 medium red potatoes,whole
1 extra large yellow onion, cut into wedges
2 pounds lean smoked Andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 ears of corn, ( I used the frozen ones that are already cut into 6 pcs)
2-3 pounds unpeeled jumbo shrimp (16 to 20 count)
DIRECTIONS:
Bring water, OLD BAY Seasoning, the other seasonings along with the quartered lemons (after they have been squeezed into the water) to a boil in 12-quart stockpot on high heat.
Allow water mix to simmer for two minutes.
Add potatoes and onions. Cook 10 minutes.
Add pre cooked smoked Andouille sausage (bake in oven for 10 minutes while the potatoes and onions cook.)
Add the sausage to pot, Cook 5 minutes. Add corn. Cook 7-10 minutes.
Stir in shrimp. Cook 2-3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
Pour contents of pot into large serving bowl or platter. Or, mound on paper-covered table. Sprinkle with additional Seasoning, if desired. ( I drain out a little bit of the juice but not all of it.)
Now for the Butter sauce:
2 Sticks of pure unsalted butter
1 tablespoon of OLD BAY seasoning
1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper seasoning
1/8 a cup of "cooking liquid from the shrimp pot"
simmer and stir frequently until all flavors meld.
take off heat and transfer to a serving dish.
This can be altered if you are making more shrimp or if you want more or less butter!
I ladled the butter mix over my bowl and corn (which was served separate).
If anyone makes this, please comment so I know how it went!
Happy Cooking!!
-A
No comments:
Post a Comment