Hello Lovelies,
Today I am doing a segment called
"Blogger asks ....." as a way to answer some popular questions...
10 Questions...
See the list after the jump.....
1. What is your favorite makeup product? And/or its Shade?
My all time favorite product is Lipsticks. I own about 100 different ones. My favorite is MAC's Lady Danger. Its a very vivid tomato-orange'ish red.
2. What is one thing you collect?
To reference the previous question, its lipsticks, specifically its RED lipsticks. I own so many that they take up a good chunk of my collection. I'd have to say that I collect them since I own a huge variety from high end to low end, I love them all.
3. What high end beauty splurge you’d buy if you could?
I'd have to say its a tie between the Le Metier de Beaute Penelope kaleidoscope eye kit (I adore that dark green shade) and secondly it's Guerlain Orgueil Rouge G L'Extrait (the color and shine is gorgous, and I'm a sucker for anything red & heavily pigmented).
I am absolutely in love with both of these products and will continue to lust over them until someone can find a good dupe for them both!!
4. Who is your current beauty inspiration?
right now its Christina Aguilera
5. What is your favorite beauty innovation?
Eyelash extensions, I have yet to try them but anything that makes false eyelashes easier to have..count me in! I am the only person that hates having to deal with glue?
6. What is your favorite high end and low end fashion designer/house/store?
High End: Rachel Zoe & Chanel
Low End: Forever 21 & H/M
7. What are your current favorite TV shows for fashion or beauty inspiration?
Reality Show: The Voice& The X-Factor
Network TV: Revenge & 90210
(Note: My favorite canceled show was PAN-AM, I loved their costume department)
8. What is the one accessory you couldn't survive winter without?
My Grey Leopard Print Scarf --> seen here I bought it last year at forever 21. Here are some similar ones: High End and Low End
9. What is your current favorite perfume?
Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche
10. What one beauty launch are you most looking forward to in 2013?
The L'Oreal Shine Caresse glosses are the number one product I cannot wait to get my hands on.
For months now I have been searching for information on them, and From a Swedish shopping site I found good info. and swatches. I am in love with the bright red one, # 300 Juliet and the bright Magenta #400 Eve.
For months now I have been searching for information on them, and From a Swedish shopping site I found good info. and swatches. I am in love with the bright red one, # 300 Juliet and the bright Magenta #400 Eve.
I know that these are being realesed in the USA in January or February of 2013. I found swatches of #300 can been found on this German Blogger site.
I found swatches of the #400 on another German Blogger's page here.
The thing that most excites me about these glosses, is that they are dupes of the YSL version but not just in the color sense, but they are physically the same with the exact same ingredients. Now most of us all ready know that they have been pegged as famous dupes, but what some people haven't discovered is that since L'Oreal owns YSL Beauty they are bound to be alike and according to this post on MakeupAlley, as quoted below:
(Notice the ingredients are the exact same!!)
YSL Glossy stains ingredients (taken from Sephora):
Octyldodecanol, Aqua / Water, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Ethylcellulose, Sorbitan Stearate, Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Calcium, Sodium Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Benzyl Benzoate, Anise Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Fragrance.
L'Oreal Shine Caresse ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Aqua / Water, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Ethylcellulose, Sorbitan Stearate, Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sucrose Cocoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Geraniol, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide,Hexylcinnamal, Hydroxycitronella, Fragrance.
This makes the L'Oreal ones pretty much the exact same thing, only packaged with a different name on the label and packaged a bit differently. To me the European versions look alot like the Lancome LA LAQUE FEVER.
I am so excited to try them since they will prolly be an amazing discounted savings.
If I am correct the L'Oreal price point should put them around 11-13 $ like the lipstick counterparts, and the YSL Glossy Stains are 32$ at Sephora. Basically you could buy at least 3 with a good discount or a coupon at places like walgreens or rite aid who regularly offer good deals.
I am so excited to try them since they will prolly be an amazing discounted savings.
If I am correct the L'Oreal price point should put them around 11-13 $ like the lipstick counterparts, and the YSL Glossy Stains are 32$ at Sephora. Basically you could buy at least 3 with a good discount or a coupon at places like walgreens or rite aid who regularly offer good deals.
I hope you all have enjoyed this segment.
-A
No comments:
Post a Comment