Sorry i have been MIA, but I have been so busy with school starting up again!!
I really wanted to share a look for less post that I recently created myself ;-) in putting my fashion creativity skills to work!!!
So Recently I was watching some old episodes of the ABC family show: pretty little liars. During this mini marathon I discovered an amazing outfit worn by Lucy Hales' character Aria. In the episode the girls were at school during a fundraiser. I noticed that the character Aria, was wearing a gorgeous black hoodie with gold and silver spikes on it. It was basic but still a little dressed up.
Here is photo of her outfit as posted on wornontv.net
Good now and doing some research on the outfit and the hoodie, it was custom-made by the wardrobe department. The hoodie it was then later re-created for the Aeropostale-PLL collection that was sold last fall. Now since the Aeropostale hoodie is sold out I decided to create my own!
I purchased the hoodie in the photo below at Kmart for about $11 USD.
I purchased the spikes/studs from an online retailer called
StudsAndSpikes.Com which sells many different kind of spikes, studs and rhinestones for clothing and embellishments. A big highlight of their website is that their prices are very low, my order was under $6 for the studs and under $10 including the shipping! MAJOR PLUS!!
Here is a look at the packages before I started on the hoodie:
Now for the drum roll.. After 2hours of studding this is the final result:
Upclose and more detailed photos:
I will post links on where to purchase and a final comparison photo!
Overall result:
Aeropostale Hoodie: 89.90
My version (studs included): 16.99
Hope you'll enjoy this and I will post more DIY projects in the future!!
-A








No comments:
Post a Comment